Monday, June 29, 2009

Running in Pennsylvania

After hours of packing, frantic last minute projects for work, and bittersweet goodbyes to the children and parents I work with...I have officially relocated to Pennsylvania for the next 4 months! Translation = It's time for me to start officially training for the marathon.

(Inner thought: "Holy Macaroni, Batman. I'm really doing this.")

Things have started off quite well, though! I arrived on Thursday afternoon, unpacked, settled in... and managed to get my first run in at 7 am on Friday morning! :) I ran again on Saturday morning - and then scored my first PA long run on Sunday morning! It was only 6 miles... but it was the longest I've run in about a month, so it was a big accomplishment for me.

The wonderful discovery I made, was that on Sunday, after I ran the 6 miles, I had to work an entire day of Celtic Fling (the festival going on this weekend at the Ren Faire). I assumed that by the time my duties were finished, around 8 pm, I would be EXHAUSTED. I was wrong! :) Not only did I still have energy at 8 pm, I was able to stay out for the final concert and then even catch a beer at 10:30!! Mind you, I fully expect to be completely dead after I run my first 10+ mile run... but at least now I know that 6 miles is no longer "killer" for me.

We start rehearsals on Tuesday, so it will be interesting to see how I'm able to keep up my training with rehearsals... but I know I can do it. It's a marathon, gosh darnit! It will be one of the greatest accomplishments of my life! I think that's worth a couple of months of hard work... :)

Until next time....

Your-central-pennsylvania-runner,
Kelly

No comments: