Sunday, September 20, 2009

When the going gets tough... the tough go running!

Question: What do you do when the job that you love unexpectedly comes into direct conflict with your planned marathon date??

Answer: You stay true to yourself and follow through on a goal that you have had for 2 years.


What has happened is this. My current job, portraying Queen Elizabeth I at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, has been extended for one week longer than its initial planned run. The Faire was scheduled to run for 12 weeks, but due to several financial losses as the season opened (poor turnout, bad weather, etc, etc) the decision was made to open for an additional weekend. The dates of that extra weekend? October 31st and November 1st.

Yup, November 1st. Marathon Day.

As you can see from my answer above, I made the decision to stick with the marathon... but it is killing me that I will be "abandoning" my job early. I know this is not the case, and NO ONE other than myself is making me feel guilty or wrong for making this decision. Nevertheless, I hate the idea of not finishing out the season. :(

Nevertheless, I press onward and continue to run. I made the decision to work toward this marathon during November of 2007. I will finish, holding my hands up high! I can only hope that my decision to stay true to myself will inspire those I'm leaving behind... rather than disappoint them that I'm gone.

Signed,
Your-sad-but-still-running-runner,
Kelly

No comments: