Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A test of speed...

As I did not have time to get in a full 5-mile run today, I chose to do a speed 2-miler. Not sure if that was necessarily the smartest decision or not... but I wanted to make sure I ran SOMETHING! I honestly was just curious as to how much I could increase my speed while still being able to maintain a steady pace.

Well - my first mile, which included two steep hills, finished at approximately 8:40! (If only my physical fitness test coach could see me now!) I finished the 2 miles in just under 18 minutes. Crazy, right?

I'm certainly NOT running the marathon for speed, but it was rather encouraging to realize that I'm in much better shape than I was a year ago!

We'll see how the next steady, easy paced run goes...

Signed,
Your-Speedy-Gonzales-runner,
Kelly

No comments: