Thursday, March 5, 2009

A different type of milestone...

It happened. I got my first ever blister from running!

Normally, this would be highly upsetting. It definitely makes things a little tricky... I mean, I had to buy some moleskin, I'm going to have to soak my feet tonight, and go easy on my cross training tomorrow. But... I got my first ever blister from RUNNING!!!

Strange as it may sound, I'm actually quite proud of the fact that I'm running enough now to even develop a blister. :) I guess it's sort of like how prima ballerinas tear their feet up in pointe shoes... only I'm in sneakers. Ha!

Of course, I will obviously want to remedy this problem. Any blisters past the first one are just annoyances. But for now, I will bask in the glory of my first running blister. :)

And if anyone out there has recommendations for running shoes for over-pronators, or solutions for preventing and/or treating blisters in general... they are definitely welcome. (See, I'm proud of the blister... but it's still a bit painful!)

Thanks!

Your runner-with-a-victorious-pustule,
Kelly

No comments: