Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Upcoming goals!

Kept myself on track today with my workouts - and MUCH better with my diet! That's one small step for man, one GIANT leap for my willpower! :)

For those following along... and also for my own accountability, I thought I would post my upcoming races so you know what goals I'm heading towards! I have paid my dues, literally, and I"m confirmed for the following races here in NYC:

Sunday, November 16th: Race to Deliver 4-mile run
Sunday, December 7th: Joe Kleinerman 10K run
Saturday, December 20th: Hot Chocolate 15K run

Is she CRAZY you ask? Why yes... yes, I believe I am. Crazy enough to be AWESOME! :)

This Sunday's 4-mile race should be a breeze, as I've been regularly running my 3.5 miles this week (so far). I've done one 10K before - back in May... and I loved it! So with a little extra training to get me back to that mileage, I should be ok by that time too. Now this 15K I'm facing... that's right - 9.3 miles.... I will be honest: that scares me!!! But, when I conquer 9.3 miles - I'm that much closer to conquering the ever daunting 26. 2 marathon mileage! So I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my journey to Mile 9. Oi vey...

Tomorrow is a day of auditions in the morning and babysitting in the evening. Not sure when I'll be able to get my run in... but I think I'm going to aim to audition early (be done by noon), head for my run at the gym, shower, then babysit by 4. Look for my update tomorrow to see if I actually pull that off. Ha!

Countdown to Race 8 of 9 races needed to qualify for the marathon: 5 days!!! WOO HOO!!!

1 comment:

Stacy Smith said...

Yayay! I'm so proud of you. You are inspiring me! I will be sancho panza to your quixote! We will run next year together. I'm running at the gym to help YOU run so motivating you motivates me!!! Miss you tons.